YOU GUYS! I have been nominated as one of the Top 25 Humor Blogs of the year over at SkinnyScoop! And would you believe that I’m currently in second place? Please take a moment to click over, scroll down to my Spin Cycle icon, and click “like” to vote. And by all means, please share the link! Thank you!
This week, the inimitable Mama Kat prompted me to share a guilt-free recipe with you all. And because I am
a joiner a victim of bloggy hero worship at a loss for a better topic
um, intrigued by this prompt, I have chosen to do just that. You probably know by now that, although I’m not much of a chef, I do love me some Pinterest action. And that? Is where I found the recipe that I share with you today.
It’s a hit at every baby shower that I’ve ever hosted. You know how expectant moms love their health food. And although it looks complicated, it truly is not.
All you need is a watermelon, plus a boatload of other assorted fresh fruit…
an ounce of Limoncello…
…and that’s about it.
Here’s what you do:
1) Cut the watermelon in half and at a slight upward angle. Hollow out the middle.
2) Using a melon baller, scoop the flesh of your assorted fresh fruit into spheres.
3) Arrange the fruit in the hollowed-out watermelon to your liking.
4) Down the limoncello quicker than you can say “My friend’s got a bun in the oven!”
5) Tell yourself that the guests at the baby shower will love your creation.
6) Believe your positive self-talk as the limoncello hits you like a ton of bricks.
7) With a flourish, a slight stumble, and a TA-DAAAAAAAAAA!, present your creation to the shower attendees:
It’ll have everyone at the shower buzzing. Or if not, it’ll have you buzzing. Which is kind of more important, anyway.
And there you have it, friends.